The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Monday, June 18, 2007

Music for Buses - IV


I had asked the sun
What had occurred
Between the sky
And the fog-
He said he did not know
And beckoned to the trees
To come.


I asked them where
I could immolate myself
On the altar
Of your light-


I wanted to be consumed wholly
And be blown away
By the four winds-


Lifting me up, this pain of longing
Coming like the train
In the morning.


I asked the moon if
She knew the place
Where life would shower
Petals of bliss-


She said she would have
To ponder the mystery-
In the court of the stars
She lies luminous
And pensive.


And then I asked your eyes
If I could die
Of forgetfulness and love-


In that lonely room
Attached to the cold,
They told me
To be still-

To rejoice and not weep-

The day is still far away
And birdsong has yet to
Seep through the window.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

by Arturo Vasquez

picture credit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home