The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Bouquet for AG - Fifth Lily


A Card from Home



by



Arturo Vasquez



I used to lay back

And just stare at the stars

Thinking that they would

Take my eyes to your eyes

And we would be lost in

Each other's twinkle

And love in the spheres

Twirling above earth.



I used to make the

Tall grass of the pampa

Into home-

Into shining hillsides fading

In the gray of dark-



And I used to wonder about

You-

Where you were

And where you would be

Even though I didn't know you.



You were in every neglected tear

Of entranced meditations,

You were behind

The pillars in the cloister

Peeking at me-



I was looking down and sad

And didn't notice you.



You used to be in the

Towering clouds after the rain-

In the pink winter sunsets-

In the breeze that came in

From the vastness of the southern cone-



And now I sit here,

And I finally feel my own heart

Beating in my chest-



And I know that here we are bound

In a chamber beyond words and shadows.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winkle twinkle little star

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

I try not to do theology anymore.

What's the point?

The Muse is all that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home