The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Taking a break.....


From theology, that is. After six years of theology and the Church being my life, I am going "back to basics". I think the problem in studying theology now is that the world that the great theologians worked in has detiriorated beyond recognition. And this goes for me as well: I simply do not think I can think straight vis a vis the Faith and the Church. I am a post-modern person who has been "over-exposed" to the teachings of the Church, but without having really known their "soul". So for the time being, I am trying to stick to philosophy, history, politics and the arts. Maybe then I can break out of the non-Christian polemical mind that so characterizes the Church today.

So look for more posts on philosophy, politics, literature, and music. Although I will probably still be a huge blabber-mouth when it comes to Church subjects that I know little about, I will try to keep the proper focus.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am a post-modern person who has been "over-exposed" to the teachings of the Church, but without having really known their "soul". So for the time being, I am trying to stick to philosophy, history, politics and the arts"

How about reading the daily lives of the saints?

http://www.oca.org/FSlives.asp
http://www.abbamoses.com/
http://www.westsrbdio.org/prolog/intro.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home