The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Tuesday, March 13, 2007


You

by

Arturo Vásquez


You are the sonnet
That the morning utters:

Silent, singing,
The incessant rustling
Of birds in the branches.

You are the song
That lifts up my feet,
Period of longing,
Period of sighs-
Sweet blade that
Plunges into memory
And cuts away all
That bends in sorrow.

You are the hue of
The sky in spring-
The light that glides off
The streams that
Gallop over stones.

You are the muse,
The recitation,
The singer,
And the tear-

All of this you consume
In your gentle eye-

And I fade away,
Lost and lifted up
In morning's prize.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

Dear readers,

I cannot write anymore. Someone has seized all of the forces of my being. I cannot write. I can only sing. I'm sorry.

Hopefully this will be ameliorated soon.

Sincerly,

Arturo Vasquez

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger AG said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger AG said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home