The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Editorial Note

As in all over Christian blogdom, the pace of posts will slow down significantly during Lent. Expect about two or three posts a week (max) and a more serious tone for them throughout. There are still some ideas going about in my head, so I don't feel I need to stop blogging completely during Lent, though I think a slower pace would be better for me for less religious reasons as well.

One piece of advice to the Western Christians who read this blog: try fasting seriously. That is, try to follow the fasting rules of the Eastern Church as much as possible during Lent (no animal products, maybe except for shell fish). This used to be the fast of the Western Church as well, and our fasting rules as they stand now are incredibly lame. Try it, it will do wonders. But it is not a competition, so do the best you can.

God bless,

Arturo

(I am sorry that my agnostic, atheist, and Protestant readers will not find this blog as entertaining in the next 40 days, but come back after Easter. Or better yet, convert to the True Faith.)

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger AG said...

If you're able, willing, or have a chance, would you mind emailing me at psych75ag at gmail dot com? I have a few questions re experiences in the religious life, vocations, etc.

Thank you, AG

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

I laughed so hard reading that last paragraph... being a Protestant convert to Catholicism, I find such things much more amusing than I used to. (Ever heard the joke about the Reformed Baptist of 1918..wait, no, it was..1940... I got it, 1835!!) Anyway, I found your weblog through a string of others and I just wanted to let you know I can't wait to dig into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home