The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Break

And the Oldest Recorded Gangsta Rap.....

I am going home to Hollister this afternoon until Sunday, so I won't blog until at least Monday, if at all after that. Even though I have felt quite prolific in the past few days (and I thank you for bearing it), I still have a ton of work to do between now and the first week of December. So Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers.

One last inspirational thought before I go: I can prove the superiority of hip-hop music from the Bible. Yes, from the Bible.....


And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold. (Genesis 4: 23-24)

This is the oldest poem in history, if we take the Genesis account literally. It sounds rather familiar:

Grab your glocks when you see Tupac
Call the cops when you see Tupac, Uhh
Who shot me,
But, your punks didn't finish
Now, you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace
n%*!a, I hit 'em up.

Just an observation, that's all.

I'm out. Peace.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

There is no end to your talents.


Regards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home