The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Osculetur me osculo oris sui : quia meliora sunt ubera tua vino...


My heart, bring me some sign plucked from the roses of hope's garden


You cannot bring a flower in bloom? Bring me an autumn leaf


Companion of my begging days, get up and go out quickly


Pawn anything- your life, your clothes- and bring abundant wine


O God, You have brought forth all this from what was non-existent


Bring me a kiss or two, brought from the corner of her mouth



- from The Seeing Eye: Selections from the Urdu and Persian Ghazals of Ghalib, translated by Ralph Russell

7 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

You all know what's on my mind...

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Warren said...

Ooh I like that picture. So I guess you know what's on my mind, too.

W

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever things, speaks)

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not logical

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Patrickptjm said...

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Ana said...

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger jeje said...

moncler jackets
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet online
golden goose shoes
prada handbags
longchamp outlet
canada goose outlet
ralph lauren outlet
reebok
supreme new york

 

Post a Comment

<< Home