The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Thursday, February 01, 2007

ROSA TÚ, MELANCÓLICA

El alma vuela y vuela
buscándote a lo lejos,
rosa tú, melancólica
rosa de mi recuerdo.
Cuando la madrugada
va el campo humedeciendo,
y el día es como un niño
que despierta en el cielo,
Rosa, tú, melancólica
ojos de sombra llenos,
desde mi estrecha sábana
toco tu firme cuerpo.
Cuando ya el alto sol
ardió con su alto fuego,
cuando la tarde cae
del ocaso deshecho,
ya en mi lejana mesa
tu oscuro pan contemplo.
Y en la noche cargada
de ardoroso silencio,
Rosa, tú, melancólica
rosa de mi recuerdo,
dorada, viva, y húmeda,
bajando vas del techo,
tomas mi mano fría
y te me quedas viendo.
Cierro entonces los ojos,
pero siempre te veo
clavada allí, clavando
tu mirada en mi pecho,
larga mirada fija,
como un puñal de sueño.

-Nicolás Guillén

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

The soul flies and flies
Searching for you from afar
You, rose, melancholy,
Rose of my memory.
When the dawn
Goes about wetting the field
And the day is like a child
That awakes in the sky.
You, rose, melancholy,
Eyes filled with shadow,
From my large sheet
I touch your firm body.
When the sun is high in the sky
It burnt with its high fire,
When the afternoon falls
From the undone sunset,
Already in my distant table
Your dark bread I consume.,
And in the night weighed down
By an arduous silence,
Rose, you, melancholy,
Rose of my memory,
Gilded, alive, and wet,
Coming down from the roof,
You take my cold hand
And you stop and look at me.
Then I shut my eyes,
But I always see you
Frozen there, gaze frozen
On my chest,
A long still look
Like a handful of slumber.

(My translation)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

Please note that the above translation was done "on-the-fly" and I have noticed some minor errors in it. I apologize for them.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger jeje said...

ugg boots uk
oakley sunglasses
adidas yeezy
pandora
true religion jeans
moncler outlet
off white shoes
ugg boots clearance
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade outlet online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home