The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Lancelot Andrewes


I am reading Marianne Dorman's Lancelot Andrewes: A Perennial Preacher Of The Post-reformation English Church. I am pleasantly suprised to realize how utterly boring this book is!!! That is, how much Andrewes simply believed and taught what the Fathers of the Church taught, albeit with elegant prose and poetic twists.

How comforting to be learing absolutely nothing from this book! If this is Protestantism, I'll take it!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer Thomas Munzer as my Reformist figure who called on all the principalities to be levelled socially. It was Martin Luther who betrayed the poor peasants in Germany and Munzer is my hero. Lessons from the Reformation, use the bible to kill rich people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home