The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

To AG


Eternal Return

If I could wait
A thousand lives
For only one embrace
And with you to arise,

I would count all the stars
That dance in the sky-
In their centers I would be born
And at their tips I would die.

If I could sit
For a thousand years
Casting off all sorrow
And vanishing all fears,
I would wait for you to awake
Neither distraught nor forlorn;
I would destroy all my pride
And vanish all scorn.

If I were a great stone
That withered into dust,
In you I would hope,
And in your heart I would trust:

Life, time, breath, all
I could transcend,
A love growing greedily
Sings a poem without end.

If I could wait
A thousand lives...

-Arturo Vasquez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home