The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Monday, August 13, 2007

My Mother Doesn't Even Read This Blog


Some More Housekeeping

To my vast, devoted, and loyal readership:

I have found myself in a bit of a creative crisis lately! Alas, I have decided, after much consideration, to put adds on my blog. Oh, how my heart aches at thinking that the beauty of the blogging art will be compromised by such an unsightly bow to consumerism. But such a great mind must have some sort of recompense, should it not?...

(Diva mode... off)

Seriously, people, just some housekeeping notes. First of all, I have finally fixed the problem of not being able to post Youtube videos on my blog. Yeah! As you can see, yesterday I posted two videos. I think it is good to have some audiovisual component to what is written here. (As AG likes to point out, MY initials are AV. Cool, huh?) I hope in the near future to start posting music and choreography that might be of interest, though I hope I can get help on this from someone in particular...

Secondly, I am starting to update links and to add some more. Would you consider linking to my page, if you haven't already? I realize that I will never get the traffic of more mainstream blogs who have normal people writing on them, but you never know who will start reading if people snake through various links to get to this obscure part of the Web. All links that you make will be reciprocated. If I haven't linked to you yet, but you have linked to me, I'll have a link up soon. (I am not good at this computer stuff.)

On ads: I don't like them, but people have pointed out to me that for all the time I spend on this blog, I am not getting much in return. And my student job shelving and managing books is not exactly a big moneymaker either. I am not above getting something material benefit out of this, although what I could get is probably just a pittance anyway. My tastes are far too eccentric to attract large numbers of people to this page, so I will have to take whatever I can get.

My favorite part of this blog is hearing from the people who read it. I know that I have a small flock of readers who range from militant atheists to traditionalists Roman Catholics and everything imaginable in between. That is the kind of show I want to run, and I don't want to change anything in order to make this more palatable for one group or another. If only one type of person was reading this blog, I would be utterly bored with it.

My mother, as the title states, does not even read this blog. (My mother doesn't even have a cellphone!) Although other people I deeply care about do read what I write here, that sort of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? This page is what it is. I appreciate and welcome all correspondence either through the comment box or at my e-mail at:




That's it. Thank you for reading. All five of you. You guys rock!


-Arturo

4 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

Hey man, you have to make a living... go ahead and give the ad thing a try.

I have linked to you - the best blog on the internet. Please update your link to my new blog as well. (and you can scrap the old link)

Pax,
JGA+

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Magotty Man said...

I sometimes wonder what my readership looks like - what is their theology, their age etc etc. And do they think I'm totally nuts?

Well, maybe i should say that I don't think you're totally nuts - only half way, maybe. And this is my favourite Catholic blog, but as I link to only 3, that might not say much. But nevertheless I try to check here every day. god bless, and keep on writing and doing what you do. Even if you occasionally get into trouble...

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger albertcarson said...

You will certainly be able to aircus.com/ discover the very best games and also applications official guide of the complimentary TUTU HELPER DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS 7, XP, ANDROID APK top and leading paid. Any TutuHelper assessment or pointer is TuTu App welcome in our mailbox.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Playstoreforpc said...

When you have pen.io/ Mobdro Kodi Addon, you could see all the live TV Website channels free of charge of expense. Mobdro Android Install, Download on Android Free So, check out the full Mobdro App Guide to know Mobdro the best ways to download Mobdro App Mobdro Kodi Addon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home