The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Memed Again....


This time by Julio from Hispania Sancta.

I think Julio is a really cool guy, especially since he is also a fellow Latino (though you could argue that people of Cuban heritage and people of Mexican heritage are like apples and oranges). Anyway, he reads my blog, and I read his, and I am flattered that he feels I make him think, to the point that he has awarded my blog with the now roaming Thinking Blogger award. This in spite of the fact that my main purpose for blogging is to post cool looking pictures and confuse the heck out of people. (Like I confused AG with this old poem that now I think I might have just phoned in. I do have my moments. As one priest once said about me: "Arturo is a very humble man, with a lot of things to be humble about..." He was a pretty cool priest.)

So here are the rules, as is mandatory if you get tagged:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme;

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

So anyway, here are the top five for me, which I post in the order in which I found them:

1. The Undercroft: Not much has been going on there lately, but the archives are well worth checking out. This is one of the blogs that brought me back to Roman Catholicism.

2. The Lion and the Cardinal: Already tagged, but it needs to get tagged again for emphasis. This is the other blog that brought me back to Roman Catholicism.

3. The Scrivener: I don't read him as much as I should, but if he does anything, he makes me think.

4. Go Sit in the Corner: The most kindred spirit I have on the Internet: theology, history, science, dance, music, and pretty pictures..... It really is the only site I think I need.

5. Cruising Down the Coast of the High Barbaree : I just found this blog, and am very intrigued by it. I suppose I like to see how the "other side" lives; the man who does this blog is a Missouri Synod Lutheran, and he has a way of expressing things, even if I don't really agree with a lot of what he says. Anyway, consider it the Protestant affirmative action case on my otherwise thouroughly unreformed blog.

This being said, I think there is way too much "erudition" on the Internet. I try to avoid sites that get me bogged down in the minutiae of a particular aspect of theological doctrine. If you want that kind of stuff, that is what books, solitary contemplation, and a good chat over booze are for. I don't think any of the sites I mentioned ever do this: the com-boxes seem to be pretty tame affairs, and that is the way I like them.

Honorable mentions include:

Ecce Ergo, Quia Vocasti Me: Too bad I couldn't do six....

Fr. Anthony Chadwick, whose blog, In Medio Stat Virtus is now defunct.

The Reformed Catholicism site, which isn't really a blog, otherwise, I would have mentioned it.

So there you have it. Now you know where you can find even more of Pseudo-Iamblichus ranting.

(I won't post the award thingy, because it will just increase my hubris, and I don't need that.)

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger AG said...

"The most kindred spirit I have on the Internet"

Oh yeah, what a booby prize. :-)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

Mmmmmm.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home