The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Friday, January 19, 2007


No me mueve, mi Dios, para quererte
el cielo que me tienes prometido,
ni me mueve el infierno tan temido
para dejar por eso de ofenderte.

Tú me mueves, Señor, muéveme el verte
clavado en una cruz y escarnecido,
muéveme ver tu cuerpo tan herido,
muévenme tus afrentas y tu muerte.

Muéveme, en fin, tu amor, y en tal manera,
que aunque no hubiera cielo, yo te amara,
y aunque no hubiera infierno, te temiera.

No me tienes que dar porque te quiera,
pues aunque lo que espero no esperara,
lo mismo que te quiero te quisiera.

5 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

To Christ Crucified

I am not moved to love Thee, 0 my Lord,
By any longing for Thy Promised Land;
Nor by the fear of hell am I unmanned
To cease from my transgressing deed or word.
Tis Thou Thyself dost move me,—Thy blood poured
Upon the cross from nailed foot and hand;
And all the wounds that did Thy body brand;
And all Thy shame and bitter death's award.

Yea, to Thy heart am I so deeply stirred
That I would love Thee were no heaven on high,—
That I would fear, were hell a tale absurd!
Such my desire, all questioning grows vain;
Though hope deny me hope I still should sigh,
And as ray love is now, it should remain.


—Thomas Walsh (translator)

From: Hispanic Anthology: Poems Translated from the Spanish by English and North American Poets, collected and arranged by Thomas Walsh. G. P. Putnam's Sons, New York, 1920.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

I have not begun to repent, Lord,
My heart still sends out black birds

Like coal.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors purse
tiffany and co
louboutin outlet
prada handbags
ralph lauren outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
cheap uggs
lacoste shoes
north face jacket
coach wallets outlet
christian louboutin shoes
fitflop clearance
vans shoes
canada goose sale
michael kors handbags
coach purses
converse outlet
burberry outlet
vans shoes
kobe shoes
burberry outlet
michael kors.com
columbia outlet stores
michael kors handbags clearance 80% off
vans outlet
cheap nike air max
celine outlet
christian louboutin shoes
nfl jerseys wholesale
air jordan 6
jordan shoes official site
fitflop sale
vans shoes outlet store
ferragamo shoes
juicy couture outlet online
abercrombie coupon
vans for sale
girl jordans
air jordan retro 6
michael kors outlet online sale
coach purses
20160824yxj

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger jeje said...

ugg boots uk
oakley sunglasses
adidas yeezy
pandora
true religion jeans
moncler outlet
off white shoes
ugg boots clearance
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade outlet online

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

golden goose starter
air max
yeezy shoes
nike epic react flyknit
adidas shoes for men
yeezy
cheap nfl jerseys
yeezy
supreme hoodie
cheap jordans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home