The Sarabite: Towards an Aesthetic Christianity

There is a continuous attraction, beginning with God, going to the world, and ending at last with God, an attraction which returns to the same place where it began as though in a kind of circle. -Marsilio Ficino

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Academic Life


I haven't been able to post as much as I could of late, probably due to laziness or sheer lack of ideas. Today, for example, I had to go to the American Studies Association conference in Oakland, and if I hear the names Roland Barthes or Michel Foucault one more time, I am really going to have to "get ghetto" on someone, and it won't be pretty. Piled high and deep, that's all I can say about it.

Actually, I'll say one other thing: it seems postmodern and poststructural theory are just really bad attempts at prose writing. Did not someone once say that all philosophy is just bad poetry? He must have been thinking about this rubbish.

Tonight I might post something of substance, otherwise bear with me during my exile in this intellectual wasteland. It will be over soon.

6 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

Straight outta Berkeley....

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

P.S.

The photo is a JOKE and not meant to be taken seriously. I just needed to blow off a bit of steam after consuming a lot of postmdern hot air, so in more colloquial terms:

don't be trippin' a'ite!

P.P.S I've never "put in work". Not even a little bit.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Ochlophobist said...

Apparently you have not read the Patriot Act.

Of course I assume that a picture of a gun on a bed along with an object which covers one's head is a visual commentary on Michel Foucault. Maybe had he had a certain form of "head" covering near his "gun" while on a bed on a certain occasion he would not have died of AIDS.
OK that was crass, but I would stick with that reason for the use of the photo so as to avoid persecution from the Bush administrationites.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a-vas,

how did you sneek into my house for this pick. i told you that my mamma lays out my peice and lid evry' morn. gangsta, straight gangsta.

gotta be in compton soon, derek

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah let's smoke some post-modern, B*^%c*es, you know what I am saying. He&&, I am on my third strike anyways.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard core bi0&*%!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home